Facebook page verification:
Some pages and profiles have been verified by Facebook to let people know that they’re authentic. If you see a blue badge on a page or profile, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic page or profile for this public figure, Company or brand.
Official pages will be verified & will be given the Blue badge/tick. Unofficial pages will remain unofficial.
This verification process confirms the status of the page once & for all; no one can mislead you from the same name unofficial page again. However, Facebook’s criteria of verification are based on popularity of the pages indicated by the daily visits, a tricky issue indeed as it depends on luck to a certain extent that original profile page might lay behind against an unofficial page using similar name. Unless until the celebrity is really famous one, or brand, celebrity, or famous personality gives some regular time on the page to interact with its followers.
Now it’s hard for fake pages to get verified status as its mandatory for the pages to get authorization from brand, celebrity or public figure prior to use their names.
Facebook Permits only four types of Pages as a Verified Profile Page:
- Government Officials
- Famous Brand
Above mentioned categories are included in Facebook’s verified page status, the criteria once again is a popularity of the page determined by daily/weekly traffic on the page.
Categories mentioned above are included in Facebook’s verified page status, the criteria once again is popularity of the page determined by daily/weekly traffic on the page. FB allows the officially verified status to all those pages provided the page can display an official authorization letter from the celebrity or brand, it’s called an automatic verification process.
Tips to keep in mind:
You need to fill up certain details regarding your profile or page. If you feed your comprehensive & updated details than usually Facebook automatically track you to place in a verified category. Some points to be noted:
- Always link your page or profile to an official website.
- Fill the ‘About Page’ section with most updated details, with a comprehensive introduction of your business.
- While filling the details do consider the following aspects for clarity: ‘Key Word’ that describes your business, email address of the business, website name & link, and artifacts, along with other necessary details.
Manual Page Verification:
It is 2nd method to verify your Facebook Profile/Page guideline which helps you to acquire a verified status. Now you can apply for verification badge for a page or profile manually.
These are the steps which you need to follow:
- You need to apply for verification on the prescribed form by visiting the Facebook verification form.
- Open the form from suggested page or profile for verification. Either it’s your own page or profile, or you represent a celebrity.
- If you represent any celebrity than with selecting the proposed page and submitting ID proof, authorization letter from the celebrity with the proposed form to Facebook.
- Currently FB permit celebrities & public figures for the verification process manually, businesses & websites are declined to request manually.
- Facebook will send a verification email within 48 hours of receiving your request for verification or prescribed form.
Gray Badge: Verification Form
Blue Badge: Verification Form
Facebook is not accepting further Manual request for verification at this moment. It is accepting manual verification request in some regions. Please wait until Facebook start accepting requests again. Sorry for inconvenience (Updated 18-Sept-2014).
Pages which are based on:
Website, Blogs, Business, Locations, communities and many more which are not acceptable. If you have Facebook page of this type then sorry your page will not be verified until Facebook start verification for these sectors.
I believe this guide for the steps to verify your Facebook Profile/Page will be helpful for you to get the verified status for your own page or a page of someone you’re representing, automatically or through manual procedure. I would appreciate your comments; your comments will help me to improve my blog-posts for your and other user’s convenience.
Above given are few tips for Facebook page verification. We don’t guarantee about verification. It depends on various factor. But don’t forget to try your luck. For any assistance, please write to us in comments below. Do not forget to SHARE.
Thanks & Regards,